Monday, July 30, 2012

27 Days: No Pressure

My race is four weeks from yesterday, and to be perfectly honest, I do not feel a bit of pressure. After riding more than 130 miles this weekend and having two solid runs, I think that my fitness will get me across the finish line on August 26th.

Lots of things can happen between now and then...lots...but what I am hoping happens is that my knee continues to heal. It has felt very good for the last few runs and I will be focusing on not over-training. I would hate for the strain to creep back up. 

I don't have much to say tonight even though it has been some time since my last post. This is my last week before tapering begins. It will be nice to scale back on training.

That's it for me!

Happy training!

Drew

P.S. Here's an article on what it takes to be an Ironman Champion: http://ironman.com/columns/ironmanlife/ironmanlife-alexander-the-great


No comments:

Post a Comment