Monday, July 2, 2012

55 Days: The Sufferfest

Suffering: an experience of unpleasantness and aversion associated with the perception of harm or threat of harm in an individual.


Have you ever experienced a form of suffering, either physical or mental? Maybe it was both but either way we've all gone through it. I've finally stepped into a new world of suffering but this one involves me, my bike, my trainer and a series of workouts that are designed to crush your legs and your mental barriers. 


I was skeptical at first. I had heard great things about The Sufferfest and another cycling series called Spinervals. One of the largest differences was the cost. For $95, the Sufferfest offered 10 videos that covered a wide range of techniques and levels of suffering. The videos use race footage and great musical selections to push the riders during the workouts. Spinervals on the other hand cost $25-$30 a video but have a library of 40+ videos. Spinervals also force the rider to watch other riders on trainers. Ultimately, The Sufferfest sounded more appealing and to be honest...I made an excellent decision!




After a little more than a week of using these videos, I have already noticed gains in my strength, force and endurance. Not bad if you ask me. These videos make you earn every pedal stroke and are quick to call you out right as you think about slowing down.


The Sufferfest

I am now in a constant state of waiting for my next trainer ride. That is how much I look forward to these workouts.

And in other news, I may be buying a road bike in the near future...more on that later!

Happy training!

Drew

P.S.- I am at 186 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment