Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Arrival of Cole and Judith

Yes, the day has finally come; Cole and Judith will be arriving in Barcelona at 9:15 in the morning on Thursday! I must say I am quite excited for this. Cole is one of the larger reasons why I came to Spain and now my partner-in-crime returns! Judith is quite awesome as well, and along with Alli, I see the four of us having some really great times! Plus, Alli's 21st birthday is quickly approaching which should be rather spectacular!

Without having Spanish classes, I have been sleeping in a little more. It has been nice waking up whenever I feel like. This does make morning workouts more difficult because of the increased foot and road traffic. For instance, this morning was supposed to be an easy 30 minute run. Nothing too crazy. But when you throw in all the people on the sidewalks and the psychos on scooters, a 30 min run quickly turns into 15 mins of running and 15 of waiting or walking. Which brings up something I hate about this city: why do people find it necessary to walk excessively slow and in the middle of every damn sidewalk? Some of us need to pass by but noooooooooooooooooo, you are going to block everyone and enjoy your sweet time. Somedays I wish I had a bulldozer just to push these people into the street. Is that a little much? Maybe but I am fine with it.

Alli and I went down to P. Flaherty's here in Barcelona (the same chain as the bar in Sevilla) and watched most of the USA Women's World Cup match against France. There were a few other Americans there but we left with the game in a 1-1 draw. By the time we got back, USA had issued a 3-1 defeat to the French and advanced to the Finals. I am so excited for that game!






It should never rain here.
Once again, I don't have too much to offer! The next post should have some good material and hopefully far more pictures!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment