Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I want to take a minute to thank my Dad for everything he has done for me in the past, and everything he will help me with in the future. I have been lucky to have such an incredible father and role model in my life and I hope that I can one day be the man he is today. Happy Fathers Day, Dad! You're the best!
Buddies!
I started my morning off with a fantastic ride around the city. One of the best things about getting up early on the weekend is that there is not much traffic so it makes for great rides. Speaking of which, two days ago, Icar and I rode up one of the boarding mountains just outside of the city. The ride was awesome and had a fantastic view! I wish I had my camera just so I could show you what I was talking about! Yesterday I ran 4.45 miles in 29:45 (avg. 6.36 min/mi) It is by far the quickest I have knocked out a run of that length and I felt great the entire time. My legs were a bit shaky on the bike but it was still a manageable ride.

Icar took me to an incredible sporting goods store here in Europe called Decathlon because one of the pedals on my bike had broke. This store was essentially like a Dick's Sporting Goods but everything was much cheaper. I was able to save 20 euros on pedals by going there. I plan on going back and bike some cycling and running clothing. I hope it holds up once I put it through the paces!

On Thursday, a group of student went on an excursion to a place that makes Cava, which is basically champagne with a different name. I have never seen so many bottles on in one place. This place was absolutely gorgeous and seemed to never end. You have to check out the picture to fully understand:


Automated bottling


My glass of cava! 
The lounge


David and myself

Multiple warehouses like this










MOPAR...A beautiful, old Chrysler


30m under ground





And yes, of course I bought some bottles from the gift shop!

That is all I have for now. I can't decide if I should go to the beach today, sit out on the terrace or wonder around the city...oh the choices I have to make.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment