Monday, June 6, 2011

First Day of Class

First....allow me to show you my bruschetta from the other night:


Yes, it was delicious. Too bad I had to eat it by myself!

It other news, I officially bought my new road bike, an Orbea T105. It rides like a dream. Well, at least it did from the store to the apartment. I did manage to buy a helmet at the Orbea store this evening so I am set for an early morning ride tomorrow! I also picked up a Team Orbea cycling jersey, a portable air pump and a spare tire tube. Ill just keep my fingers crossed and hope for no flats!

Now for the big part....I started class today and it was awesome! I walked into the school this morning (after a minute or two of not remembering exactly where it was) to a smiling receptionist. I paid for the month of June and a textbook that matched my level. The look on her face when I handed her a 500 euro bill was priceless! Every person that I used one with has given me a look of disbelief because people know that they exist but never see them. They then wonder why I have one in my possession. If I didn't have to pay you 584 euros for class, I wouldn't Thank you very much.

Class began with myself and another girl, Ana, introducing ourselves to the other 3 students in the class. We missed the start date by a week so we are a little behind. Our teacher, Maria, spent the first two hours of class go over the technical side of Spanish, including verb conjugations and other grammatical items. Following a break in the day, Carmelo, lead two hours of discussion based learning. We talk about a number of things, including country stereotypes, during this session. This was quite humorous with people from the US, Brazil, South Africa, Poland, Russia and Spain  (our professor).

Following the first class I was exhausted. When youre not used to talking in Spanish for 4 straight hours, it really takes a toll on your brain. Lucky enough, Maceik (from Poland), invted me to go get some lunch with him in Plaza Catalunya. And being in Spain we of course went and had Chinese! It is only fitting.

That is all I have for this post. I think it is the shortest one so far...and with only one photo, I will disappointing some of my readers (Mom). I hope you will forgive me. I've got a 6 AM bike ride in the morning!

Adios!

1 comment: