Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just Another Day

Someone's 'artistic' house

This past Monday was a holiday so I naturally spent 6 hours of it on the beach! But before that, I managed to get in a tough workout. I started the morning with a 7.5 mile run in an hour (8 min/mile) and then followed that up with 30 mins of interval work on the bike. All the riding in this city may as well be intervals because of all the damn stoplights.

After the morning grind, Andres picked me and another one of his friends up and we headed to Castelldefels, which is a beach south of the city. It is mainly occupied by locals so there was plenty of room to spread out and enjoy our day. We ate lunch on the boardwalk and managed to log about 6 hours on the beach. It was a great day!

Patatas Bravas





Not too bad, eh?

Estrella Damm, the beer of Barcelona



Class resumed yesterday and went really well. I was able to retain quite a bit from the week before. Following class, the weather was 75 and beautiful so I went to the beach again. This time I went to workout and swam roughly 800m out in the water. It felt really nice to get a good swim in. Afterwards, I laid on the beach for about 30 mins then headed back home

Since the weather today was just as nice, I figured why not make it a three-peat and went to the beach again. This time I did get in the water. The place was a madhouse, with thousands of tourists (do I count as one?) and all the vendors who troll the beach with their merchandise. It becomes rather annoying after a while.

Tonight Andres and I are made Pulpo (octopus) for dinner. It was epic and enjoyed every bit of it!


Preparing

Washing the Pulpo

Um...

Initial dunks- this helps to curl the legs

All done!

Time to dig in!

I hope your dinner was as good as mine!

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nice man. Looks like a blast.

    Just for me (sorry I've been out of the loop for a while now), what exactly are you doing in Spain? And how long do you think you'll be over there. We're looking into a little European trip next year and I was curious if you'd still be around.

    Have fun!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Drew.

    After reading more of your blog, I think I have it figured out now. :)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete