Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 18 and 19

This whole blog thing is hard to keep up on. I promise I will do a better job.

Yesterday was my run day. Ran for a hour and hit 7.5 miles. At 40, 45, 50 and 55 I did 30 second strides to gas the legs some. I felt great throughout and was pretty happy with my pace.

Today started with a speed day in swimming. I warmed up with 300m front stroke and then began my sprints. I did 20x50m with the odds at RPE4 and the evens at RPE9. I was hitting 45s for the RPE4 and at 33s for the RPE9. I was pretty pleased with my results. I finished the swim with a 150m cool down.

This afternoon I hit the bike. I am beginning to get quite frustrated with my Jamis though. It seems like every time I fix something, It goes right back to the wrong place. First, my right elbow pad on my aerobars is constantly falling and I am always having to stop and fix it. It seems like no matter how tight I go, it just wont stay put. Second, my rear wheel will not keep its distance from the my frame, which leads to rubbing and one popped tire already. Today I had to stop twice to fix it. I just feel with the amount of money I spent on this bike I should be bothered by these inconveniences on every ride. I should have has a nice 45 min ride but unfortunately it was interrupted multiple times which is annoying.

See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment