Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 22

Yesterday I went out an bought a couple new supplements that I had seen and read about. They are the Powerbar Perform and Restore. I figured it was worth a shot to see if they would help my recovery and help to maintain my energy throughout the day. The purchased turned out to be very beneficial. Following my 5 mile run this morning(40 mins, 8:00) in which I was drinking Perform, I took Restore right after then again in two hours. I had never recovered so quickly from a run and I was definitely prepared for my afternoon swim.

I swam an 800m warm up (200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 swim) and then went into a 1x1500m which took me 25 mins. I then cooled down with 4x50m. During my rests, I was taking Perform and again following my swim, I took Restore. I have felt good all day and have yet to experience any sort of lull. Hopefully this stuff isn't just tricking me and tomorrow I will feel like crap. But overall, the first day on it has been great!

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment