Wednesday, April 25, 2012

123 Days

Another day down...

Today seemed to go rather well. I started of with a lifting session followed by a core workout in the morning. By the time I got around to my swim I was somewhat sore which I figured would damper the swim. However, I was able to push through the soreness and have a very solid swim session.

Today's Workout

  • Weights/ Core
    • 3 sets, 15-20 reps
      • Squat, bent-arm pulldown, leg press, seated row, leg extension, hamstring curl
    • Core set #2, 2 sets
  • Results
    • 15 reps, 3 sets of all the above 
    • Completed the core workout
  • Reflection
    • The weight session is always difficult when done in the morning. Even with stretching my body will occasionally seem to rebel against the idea of hauling weights. Starting off with squats doesn't really help either. The core session was done at a slower pace than normal but my form stay in line and I was able to sustain a solid burn.
  • Swim
    • No warm up
    • 500 yd
    • 5 x (25 right side kick, 25 left side kick, 50 medium effort)
    • 500 yd
    • 100 closed fist, 100 swim, 100 paddles, 100 swim, 100 closed fist
    • No cool down
  • Results
    • Completed. During the main swim sets, 1:27 100yd splits
  • Reflections
    • Once my heart rate settled down at about 250 yards into the first set I was able to focus and grind the swim out.
Tomorrow starts off with a Run session in the morning and a Bike session after work. The legs are feeling great and hopefully I will get some solid sleep tonight!

Happy training!

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment